LHHA Member Meeting, January 20, 2015
Dick opened the meeting at 7:00 by introducing Jeff Welch from the Metropolitan Planning commission and Doug Bataille from Knox County Parks.
- Jeff Welch has worked 30 years with the development of regional greenways. He was giving us a regional perspective
- 1/3 of all TN greenways are located in ET
- 3 efforts at the moment and he mentioned that they are building for the future
1) Maryville to Townsend. 14 miles. 25 million.
2) Knoxville, W Knoxville and Oak Ridge. It will connect to 10 mile greenway
3)Tellico Village and Tellico Parkway. This project is in the study phase
- there are also some smaller studies
- for more information visit Knoxtrans.org